Wednesday, March 12, 2014

a smoothie surprise

I did it.  I finally bought my Viatamix.  For those of you that know me, you know I've been talking about this for a long time now.  Well, I saved my pennies from my birthday, Christmas, and sold some stuff on eBay - and finally saved enough! Last Wednesday it arrived on my doorstep and I'd been excited to try it out ever since.


Like Christmas morning...

All assembled on its counter throne. 


It even came with a fattie recipe book...



Unfortunately I had to wait from Wednesday until Sunday to try it out since we had ZERO food in our apartment I could blend - and were too busy to go to the store before then.  But I did get a lot of good stuff on my Sunday shopping trip.  

Check out this post shopping haul - have you ever seen more produce on a counter (in part due to my Fresh 20 shopping list...but still)?  



My only disappointment is that I forgot to buy peanuts to make my own peanut butter.  They're on the top of the list for next week - so at least I won't have to wait long.

Enough about my shopping though - this is a VITAMIX we are talking about.  

Monday morning I was finally able to test it out (couldn't try it Sunday because I had to wait for my fruit to freeze, what ever happened to instant gratification?).   Smoothies for breakfast, Fresh 20 for lunch and dinner?  Such a healthy start to my week!

Of course I had to document her maiden voyage - 

A nice selection of bananas, berries, and pineapple for this one.


Ready to blend.  I bought the 48oz container instead of the 64oz one.  Just the right size for two smoothie servings.


And the finished product...


...to go!



And there you have it.  My first Vitamix smoothie.  My only disappointment is that I forgot to add the spinach in this one.  I actually remembered to add it today, and honestly I couldn't taste it - but it definitely takes it from that pretty pink color to something that looks a lot less appetizing.   

Next up more smoothies, peanut butter, and even soup if I am feeling adventurous!







No comments:

Post a Comment