Friday, March 7, 2014

a weak or two in

Man, have I been busy! It was definitely not my goal to post something here everyday, but I did want to share my story more than once a week!  So here's to a (hopefully) fresh start and a flurry of posts to come.


It's been almost two weeks now since Mark and I started training, and I must say that he has been so much more committed to this than I have.  I think he has made it to all but one class, and well, I've made it to one class this week.  Granted I was out of town last weekend, so I missed our first Saturday practice, and then we both ditched swimming on Monday, and then Wednesday and Thursday of this week I was sick...  Needless to say, I am itching to get back in the game.

Tomorrow is the first swim practice since the first-day-of-training disaster.  This one is supposed to be less hard-core, so hopefully this time I can swim instead of sink.  Honestly I feel like I could do a tri right now if all I had to do is bike and run (again, not that I've ever ran further than a 5k in my life, and I've only done that a few times - and a full distance tri is 1.5k swim/40k bike/10k run - so I probably can't actually do the bike/run portion right now).  

But that 1.5k (or ~.93 mile) swim is really going to cause me some trouble.  For perspective - the pool we have to train in has a nice, informative sign posted - 88 laps = 1 mile.  I can barely swim two laps without getting seriously winded.  So it will be interesting to see how this goes.  Not to mention that swimming in a heated indoor pool is slightly different than swimming in Lake Michigan in August.  For now I will just focus on taking it one practice at a time.   I'll let you know how tomorrow morning goes.







No comments:

Post a Comment